Monday, September 22, 2008

Cairo day 20 or D-6

Let's try to sound like Maggie a little. Sarah Palin is 'obviously' a smart woman, but, really dumb mostly. Good for 6000 person Alaska but not for 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.) person USA let alone 6,602,224,175 (July 2007 est.) person world once McCain dies of a fifth run in the melanoma department. Well, I can see her fitting in with an african tribe somewhere, or maybe in Mongolia, just because of the way she speaks and what she says. Or maybe Tennessee.

anyhou, after class I came straight home and stuffed myself with salted butter and camenbert cheese. yummy. Then I read too much stuff on random news sites. Then I made myself eggplant in a pan with lots of olive oil and salt, surely negating any positive vegetable effects the egg plant could have had on me. This was done in the company of egyptian propaganda cartoons.

Then I started homework. Wow. weird saying that. but it felt good.
so perhaps walking around my neighborhood looking for a travel agency wasn't a good idea. Or perhaps it was. Ask Tarek, the guy who sold me carrots and onions and he'll say it was great, he learned two new words. Ask my formal Arabic teacher tomorrow, and well, lets just hope carrot and onion are the same in colloquial and formal. My neighborhood's actually kind of lively and slightly cool. More of a market place than the shopping area downtown is. hmm... i wonder what i can do with eggplant, carrots, potatoes, and onions, rice, pasta, spices, butter, and camenbert... maybe i'll have to introduce an unknown into this equation.

1 comment:

meem said...

awww tfl, leisat-nee, wa lakin... moomtia jidan wa hawwalla katheera (kaif acool al kaleema 'hawalla' l'regel?) mahhlish....mabrook! wa bisous! (lakin...mithla sadiqua foquot)