Monday, October 27, 2008

cairo day 56 Haricots verts sautés (sauté(ed) (the 'ed' is redundant.

A seemingly delicious recipe I, alas, found too late for tonight but will try tomorrow:

http://darna.canalblog.com/archives/2008/01/22/4380850.html

I like green beans.

I also liked talking to my convo partner today.
He told me about how he flirts with a girl who is married, but just does it for kicks and isn't really interested in her.
He also told me his plans to move to España and marry a friend of his there in order to gain residency. That, or just live there illegally.
He hates how everyone tries to rip everyone off here, especially in tourism, and that the source of this is the government, I will inquire further tomorrow.

Had a surprise call from Afef, my convo partner, who, with a friend, was looking for an apartment to rent and thought it might be a good idea to call me to see if anything was available in my building. It just so happens that I exchanged numbers with a man who was trying to rent out his flat the other day... didn't work out through as the length of their desired contracts differed quite a bit (5 days and one year)

early bird gets the worm.

No comments: