Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cairo Day 102

saturday
did homework until I went out to talk with Atef. got back and did more homework. tried calling tareq to meet up for foosha talk tomorrow but his phone was off. Also got a call from Luther who wanted to meet up for me to visit his architecture firm.

on the minibus ride to tahrir a niqabi woman gave me a small orange book entitled "protecting/making chaste the muslim". Atef thinks she gave it to me thinking I'm muslim, mislead by my beard.


Splurged on two irfas with atef and two hawaushees (which is finally open, after about 6 days of vacation) by myself around 22h.
The problem with anything less than three hawauwshees is that you eat them before you even have time to get back to your apartment. Just too good.
Jeremy and I both agree that koshary and hawaushee would be perfect college food to export to the US.


يوم السبت

فعلت الوجبات حتى حرجت مع عتف لالمحادثة. رجعت إلى شقتى و فعلت وجبات اكثر. حاولت اتصل بطارق لتقابل لفصحى ولكن هاتف المحموله كان مغلق. كما لوثر من سنت كثرينز اتصل بي لان يريد ان نقابل فازور شركته المهندس المعمارية.

في الطريق إلى عتف، بنت نقابي عتيتني كتايب اسمه "حصن المسلم" . عتف يفكر برتوقال و ممكن هي فكرت انا مسلم بسبب لحيتي.

اليوم اشتريت قرفتين مع عتف و هواوشيتين بنفسي في سعة ٢٢ بالمساء (الحمد لله، هو مفتوح بعد ست ايام اجازية)
المشكلة مع أقل من ثلاث هواوشيات هو التى تأكل كلحم قبل ان الرجع إلى البيت. لذيذ قوى. جريمي و انا ينتفاقوا في كشري و هواوشي سينجحهوا جيد جدا في الجمعات امريكيون.

No comments: