Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Photo: Garbage Caterpillar

Ahh, yes, yet another expat ever so fascinated by the effects of a poorly managed waste management system in the developing world...

Might I add, that, as I was taking this photo, a friendly but quite concerned and upset lady exclaimed to me: "Why are you taking photos of GARBAGE!? Why do you have to show the UGLINESS of our country!?"
I quelled her concerns with something along the lines of: "Egypt has beautiful things and ugly things, and it's good to show both. Don't worry, we're going to go to Ibn Tulun mosque after this and take lots of beautiful photos too." She was okay with that. :-)

Here is a pretty much failed attempt of me harnessing the powers of photoshop:

Garbage management in Saida Zeinab, Cairo, Egypt


Here's what the original looked like:

No comments: