Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day two

Upon returning to the apartmen, Felipe began to play a game of Chess, teaching Dona Teresa how to play. Richard and I joined in as well and our match ended up lasting about two hours.
Then we went out to eat at the local Kilo restaurant where food is sold by the kilogram. It was delicious.
After this we went out to the supermarket to buy some groceries. Mostly we bought beer though. Upon return to the apartment we all watched the news in Portuguese. The big story was an ex president´s wife, named Carderoso I believe, who passed away recently.
Then Richard, Felipe and I sat up talking in my room over a beer, the skol beer, one of the most popular ones. This was accompanied by the sound of fireworks going off in our street in celebration of the soccer game that would begin about an hour later. After our first beer we went down to the street to see what was happening. A bar had set up a projector and was broadcasting the game in the street. This drew a big crowd right in the middle of the street where everyone was trying to sleep, I´m sure... Soon the police arrived but all they did was block off the street from more cars and stay there with the fans. I left after about an hour and went to bed. I woke up this morning at 8AM as the others were beginning to eat breakfast. We arrive at IBMEC at around 10AM.
OK! Dan Walsh will be arriving on Friday! This weekend we will probably go out to do some sightseeing as well as see what the beach has to offer!
Da gud life, I must say...
Cheers!

No comments: